Saturday 28 February 2015

Avalon Airshow 2015

I thought I might just pop this post in before my next installment of Waterloo.

I went to the Avalon Airshow, near Geelong Victoria, on Friday. I have been wanting to go for years but have always had something to do on the same weekend. I painted some Austrians for a re-enacting friend Tony and he made a chest for me. We agreed to meet up at the Airshow to swap.

I also saw that there was going to be a couple of Fokker Dr1 planes there from New Zealand. I have always wanted to see one, so that was it, I was going.

There was also some re-enacting going on. Here are a few pics and a little movie of a Spitfire, another favourite. I fell in love with the Spitfire when I was about 8 years old, when I went in the School library during at wet day, and saw a book on The Battle of Britain.

Enjoy the pics













The Australian Great War Association (I think) re-enacting a battle at 
Gallipoli against the Turks and 1 German

Before the Battle



My friend Rod, preparing for battle







The Turks begin their assault




















The Geelong re-enactors showing some WW2 action



A working Stug III




Bren Gun Carrier


A working Half Track






WW1 planes 




















From the beginning of aviation to the present



Some of the crowd, not bad for a Friday














Me, proving that I was there


Actually I am here


Have they crashed?????  No, just some explosions


My friend Tony, as a Commando from the tropics
Don't worry, the Bren is a replica


Some WW2 fighters, Mustang, Boomerang, Kittyhawk and Spitfire







The tell-tale silhouette of the lovely Spitfire


The Boomerang, Kittyhawk and Spitfire


The next installment of Waterloo will be in the next couple of days
Have fun,
Paul




No comments:

Post a Comment